Competition Team Auditions:
Saturday May, 20th & Sunday, May 21st
Assigned schedules will be send out via email prior to auditions.
At High Temperature Dance Academy, competition is an opportunity to increase performance skills, encourage dancers to always try their best, practice responsibility, and form new friendships as a team. Dancers will be evaluated and placed where they best fit: including but not limited to – skill level, technique, professionalism, performance, showmanship, flexibility, endurance, etc.
Basic Team Requirements:
- Ages: 4-18
- "Team" placement does not mean dancers aren't allowed to compete with other team members. It helps staff by simplifying groups by age and ability level, and gives the dancers something to work towards.
- The Competition Team Handbook and Team Contract will be sent to you after team placements.
- 2-6 competitions per season.
- All dancers are required to enroll in at least one ballet class, one tap class, and technique and flexibility class from September through May.
- All dancers are required to attend BOOTCAMP in August. We will finish the week off with our Pool & Pizza Party, as well as professional team headshots.
- All dancers are required to enroll in the Summer Technique and Flexibility class. Summer is a great time to improve your ballet technique and to work on new skills.
- Winter Competition Showcase. This takes place the first weekend in February.
- Attendance. Dance and supporting your team will take first priority.